Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dispelling a Fashion Myth

So many, if not most people in America at least think that under no circumstances can you wear brown and black together. And let me just tell you- it's simply not true! Brown and black are both neutrals, and can therefore be worn together. Now don't get me wrong, some black and brown combinations look better than others- but isn't that true of any color matching that we do? I actually love the combination of black and brown- I think it's quite classy. When I went to Europe a few years ago, I noticed that everyone was wearing brown and black together and I couldn't believe it! I had always been under the impression that in the rules of fashion, this was an absolute no-no. But as I looked around Paris, I saw that everyone wearing the combination looked great and classy- and from that moment on I was converted. Check out these pictures of people wearing brown and black together and it working:


There are so many other ways you can mix up your browns and blacks. Camel or tan browns also work really well against black. Wearing brown boots with a black dress or pants is actually ok! Don't be afraid to be bold and mix these two colors that in your mind don't seem to go. I just wore brown boots with a black dress and brown cardigan the other Sunday and I looked and felt great! And you can too. Go ahead and try it. Maybe it's not for you, and that's fine. But all I'm saying is that this supposed "fashion myth" is simply that- a myth.

No comments:

Post a Comment